[Dailydrool] Sir Roscoe P Coltrane

Suzie suzie2you at conxxus.com
Fri Dec 12 08:00:14 PST 2008

It gives me great pleasure to welcome the newest member of our family to the drool.  While I tend to lurk on the drool I have always been able to count on the knowledge of all the great basset loving family members out there.  We currently have a six year old OEBE - Maggie. We rescued her at age two after years of being confined to 20 hour days in a crate with her previous family. She has had separation anxiety but is now one of the family.  My brother and his wife just bought a puppy for their family, or so we thought but came to find out today that the puppy is our Christmas present.  As a family that has rescued bassets for years we don't approve of puppies for presents but will make the most of our new gift.  This is where I will need help from the drool community.  In my lifetime, we have owned at least 10 bassets but never a puppy.  We are not sure how our Maggie will react with Roscoe. Sling drool for us as we embark on this new journey.

Suzie