[Dailydrool] the gift

Beth Howering momarroo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 16:42:57 PST 2008

As many of you know, yesterday was one year that my dear Blossom left for
the Bridge.  Though I have mourned her every day since, today she revealed
something to me.  Through the tears came a bright and brilliant light.  It
was shining on something I knew, but really didn't claim before.  She left
me a gift.  You.

Though I knew she changed my life, left me blest, I never really thought it
out.  Without her I would not have found the Drool.  Would not have learned
of rescues and waddles.  And more than likely I would never have encountered
any of you.  Besides this, she changed me in a very fundamental way.  She
showed me what was real in life.  Not appearances, not perfection, not
opinions - but caring and feelings and love and laughter - and people.  She
took what I learned from Bill and brought me a step further.  She taught me
that bassets are angels that God sends to us with a higher purpose - to
reach out to others like ourselves.  But the whole point is to reach out,
not sit and contemplate our life.

Thank you Blossom.  thank you each of you for caring and sharing and being
part of my life.  If we look at others as bassets do, we'll not judge, nor
criticize - just sling a little slobber and ... well, you know - live.

I live in gratitude for the gifts she left.  A new life, a new family and
friends, a new attitude.  A big empty space to fill with other homeless
bassets that can never fill her pawprints.   But I'll let them try.

Beth

Blossom www.dogster.com/?50296
Hugo  www.dogster.com/?443659
Arfur  www.dogster.com/?443631
Vito  www.dogster.com/dogs/804728.

O Great Spirit, grant that I might not criticize my neighbor until I have
walked a mile in his moccasins.

Help feed the animals http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/tpc/ERA_040208_ARS