[Dailydrool] Special Announcement

marinr at netzero.net marinr at netzero.net
Mon Dec 15 06:42:10 PST 2008

Hi Droolers, this is Abby's Mama Marin and Abby and I have some exciting news to tell you. We would like to announce the arrival of Sadie (formally known as Dixie) a 6 year old red and white from Daphnyland. You see it was Mama's birthday on Saturday so Abby and I drove 1 1/2 hours to see all the hounds (104) at Daphneyland. Poor Abby was so overwhelmed being in the midst of the 50 or so hounds that were all around her. She much preferred the volunteers to the pooches. Dawn told me that Abby had been taken from her mother way too early and never learned socialization skills. Thank you Dawn for helping me to pick out Abby's big sister. They look like they are sisters. I also want to thank Debbie and Elder Clara for their encouragement to bring an older pooch into my family. I'm not sure if 6 years old is considered a senior hound but I feel good that I was able to provide a home to Sadie and Dawn now has another spot to bring in another rescue. She told me that she knows of at least 19 that she can't take because she is full. So happy birthday to me and happy gotcha day to Sadie. Abby's first anniversary gotcha day is January 4. We have much to celebrate.