[Dailydrool] Cold and dark

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 08:58:30 PST 2008

Hi- I'm way behind so have no idea what is going on . I'm at the library. We are on day 5 (!) of the power outage here in NH. Poor Pearl is a sweetheart and got here on Sat. She is wondering what in the heck she got herself into!

Kahuna has been very restless at night. I'm sleeping on the couch so I can stay warm and keep putting wood on the fire. Kahuna has been waking up repeatedly and whining. He won't go out, just rolls over for belly rubs and then goes back to bed. Half way through the second night, I figured it out.....he is getting me up when the fire is down to coals and needs more wood. Once I put more wood on and get it going again, he goes to his bed. My little California boy doesn't want to get cold! Good boy Kahuna for keeping an eye on the fire!!!!

This is getting very old and I really hope the power comes on today. We are on a well, so no power means no water either. I've been going to the fire station to fill 5 gallon buckets with water for the dogs and to flush the toilet. Could this be any more fun? I was able to buy some cases of bottled water to drink. I heat the water in the fireplace to wash. Did enough to wash my hair yesterday - that felt good!

Don't know when I'll be on line again, but we could use some "electric" drool!

Synthia
Bud (who cares if there are no lights?), Barney, Kahuna (keep that fire going!), Zuma, Pearl (what kind of operation is this? I'm NOT a Pilgrim!)
Ace the Newf (Perfect weather!)
Baja the Saint (I'm sleeping outside)
Maya the Great Dane (as long as we have food I don't care)