[Dailydrool] Old age and hearing

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 19:03:38 PST 2008

This is my personal opinion. Both my Belgians and the Belgians belonging to
other people I know have become goofier and goofier about sound as they age.

My theory is that as the actual physical mechanisms in the ear age, the dog
becomes far more sensitive to VIBRATION than to actual sound, so that the
thunder, the timbre of the smoke alarms, the jarring note of the timer, all
become more vibration than the dog can stand.
This is my opinion only, unsupported by scientific evidence. Supported only
by trying to get Mr. Cooper Sir into the house after the smoke alarms go
off......

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell (who could care less) and Mr. Cooper
sir, jumping out of his skin.