[Dailydrool] baby gates

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:58:24 PST 2008

I've heard a number of droolers who use baby gates to keep their houdies
out. Well we never used those here, I can't use one with Joey. His second
foster mom (the one who had him when I got him) tried to use one of those to
keep him in the family room, and away from the front door & kitchen well she
was gone. The first time he greeted her at the door she thought she left the
gate off. The second time, well, let's just say she showed me the chucks
taken out of her kitchen wall when he ran through the gate. He's so big,
about 75 lbs., that he's beyond the weight limit for the baby gate, and runs
through them.

They also told me not to use a crate with him, we thought it was on account
of him living in one 24/7 for about a year or so when his first "owner" (if
you can call him that, he bought Joey to breed, then when he saw he was too
big, locked him in the cage and left him) had him, but I met his first
foster mom (the one who had him when he first came into rescue) at the GABR
waddle this summer, and she said it was a different reason. Apparently he's
smart enough, he figured out how to trip the latch from the inside! She said
he got out of one while being transported, then again at her house, so they
decided he wasn't cut out for a crate either. He pretty much lounges on beds
or the couch, and all is well.
--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473