[Dailydrool] Nouncement frum Henry

Pam Watkins pam10447 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:58:33 PST 2008

Dis is Henry,  me gots a nouncement to meke.  Da momma go off de deep end
and gots me a sister....dats right a Elder Clara and a Sister Daisy all
wolled into one.  Her name be Thelma.  Brudder Elwood, me is needing de
avice frum youse on how to handle dis one.
Mom here.  Last May on visiting and meeting Debbie and her beautiful
bassets, I fell in love with Elder Clara, Daisy, Bob and Casey.  The seniors
stole my heart.  I have been thinking of getting a senior since then but, it
wasn't quite the time.  Thanks to some very nice ladies at 2nd Hope rescue,
they found me my girl.  Her name is Thelma Kay, 7 1/2 yrs old, 65 lbs and
quite the sweetheart.  She was a breeding dog from a byb and they were
giving her away.  She had gone to a home but they turned her in to the
shelter - supposedly they couldn't bond with her.  The shelter called the
breeder back, they got her and then I came along.  Henry and I are quite
bonded with her already and we have only had her for 2 days.  I always knew
that Henry was special but, now I know just how special.  He has shared
everything with her, his bones, his crate, my bed and this morning even his
breakfast.  I had put his down first and went to put hers down and she moved
in on Henry's dish.  He calmly backed away until I got her away and then he
went back to his dish.  Thelma was quite a mess when I got her - dirty and
smelly but a bath has taken care of most of that.  I took her to the vet
last night and had her checked out (she had to have all her shots - the
breeder didn't know if she was current or not - remember, I said byb).  She
was also not on any preventatives and luckily she tested heartworm
negative.  She did test positive for lyme but, they are not going to treat
her as she has no symptoms.   She will be spayed on Jan 8 so please send
some drool her way.
Thank you Debbie and all the other Droolers who said so many wonderful words
about the older bassets.  I am estatic!
Pam