[Dailydrool] Rosebud: March 26, 1996-December 19, 2008

slweeks at bellsouth.net slweeks at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 20 07:00:59 PST 2008

Dear Drool family,
It is with great sadness that I announce that my sweet Rosebud went to the Bridge in her sleep last night. She was truly my heart dog. Ever the lady, she would sit politely and raise her paw when she wanted to be petted-which was all the time- but she would always ask. She came into our family when she was 12 weeks old, all ears and big feet. The kids were in first grade. She adored them and all of their friends.  When we brought T-Bone into the gang a few months later, and then Scarlett and Tar Baby down the road, she made it clear that She Who Must Be Obeyed was in charge.  One of my most tender memories of her was when she was in labor. She wanted me with her--and of course, she would only whelp in the wee hours.  If I were out of the kitchen where we had her warming lamp and whelping box, she would pace, pant and cry. So Idid what any self respecting mother would do--I got my sleeping bag and settled in with her. She would climb ON TOP of me, and rest.  When she needed to move, she would walk around me and pant, but she would never cry as long as I was there. So, there I stayed, and was happy to share that time with her.  She was an excellent mother, and all of her pups turned out to be wonderful companions for their slaves. Since they went to live with family and friends, I know this for a fact.
Rosebud had been moving slowly for the past few months, and I figured that it wouldn't be long before she left us. When she did go, she left as she had lived her entire life--with dignity.  Run fast and free, my sweet girl.  We will miss you so.

Sad ahrooooooos,
Sarah and the Mobile gang,
T-Bone, Scarlett, Tar baby the wild man wannabe, and Rosebud ATB