[Dailydrool] Follow his nose and baby gates

Anita Woodrum a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 18:55:57 PST 2008

Neither of my old girls is a counter cruiser, but they do dearly love kitty
cat poopies (also known as cat cookies, kitty tootsie rolls, etc.), and we
have four cats and two litter boxes!!!   Plus when I rescued Gracie, my
first old girl, she picked my wonderful red oriental rug in the living room
to be her personal peepee place, so I had to keep her out of the living room
for a month or two to break that habit, out of the kitchen so she couldn't
steal cat food, and out of the laundry room where the litter boxes are.
Because of the size of the openings I had to span, I made my own gates, one
(7 foot long) out of wooden lattice like you use outdoors, and three others
out of scrap plywood (with a 6 inch wide by 8 inch high little door in them
for the cats to go through).  Two of the gates I was able to take down after
a couple of months, and the two that block the two doors into the laundry
room where the cat boxes are, are permanent. (Cat poopie is apparently too
good to pass up.)  I made the plywood pieces short enough that a grown-up
can step over them, since I need into the laundry room every day, and they
work great.  Plus the cats love being able to zoom through the little door
hatches.  If you or a friend are handy, use your imagination, you can save a
lot of money making your own doors/gates that custom fit your home and your
needs.

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net