[Dailydrool] Heavy heart

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:20:30 PST 2008

Hi fellow droolers, it is with my most broken heart in the world, I am
afraid I need to report that another special hound has most likely gone to
the bridge.  Yesterday afternoon, Daisy and Lilly got loose -  I am very
ashamed I need to come to this group again and report that my dogs are
missing.  It is not from lack of care or anything like that.  (you may
remember they took off for 3 days this past summer)

I live in Maine, and as you all probably know, the northeast had a terrible
snowstorm yesterday through last night, with northeasterly winds, and in the
single numbers for temp.  Daisy and Lilly escaped into the fresh snow early
Sunday afternoon (12/21)  Daisy returned about 9pm last night, and Lilly has
not returned.  The snow is about mid thigh height, and drifted terribly.
David and I have both taken turns every 2-3 hours going out into the night
last night, and all day today trudging the paths through the woods to make
them passable for a basset hound.  (I can barely type these words)  The
temps are close to zero tonight, and very windy again.

I hope you all will understand that we loved Lilly so much.  She had a
deviant streak that when the wind blew a certain way, there was no making
her do anything she didn't want to do.  I loved her small, cuddly houndy
bum, the soft nuzzles.

Thank you for the drools you can send to Daisy, her dad and mom, and all the
cats that are wondering why it is so quiet here.
Donna Mitchell