[Dailydrool] Sort of graphic - Penile discharge Question

Jeff Deane jdeane at everestkc.net
Wed Dec 24 12:39:54 PST 2008

I've not had a boy dog before Elvis who is approx 5 or so and has been with
us since late August.  He was picked up by animal control as a stray, but
OBVIOUSLY loved and well cared for, and was still intact.  He was clipped at
the pound and has never, so long as we have been observing him at least, had
a "carnal moment" with anything (furniture, leg, another dog etc.)  Today he
laid down on the floor in the sun to warm up about 5 minutes after a trip
out to the yard.  The sun on his belly revealed an opaque, thick-ish white
"discharge" from his urethra - just some in the opening but not on the fur
etc.  Now aside from the obvious explanation, is there any reason to worry?
He has been hormone free for almost 4 months and has never shown any
interest of any kind in any dog or thing.  Unfortunately, in my line of work
I read a lot of medical records (usually only of folks that had problems or
were atypical) and am cursed with a streak of curiosity, so I had to ask.

Jeff