[Dailydrool] I believe in miracles

Donna Mitchell dmitchell1065 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 14:29:57 PST 2008

Hi everyone!  OH MY DOG!  Lilly was found late this morning on the main
highway by our house.  Main highway by our house is US Route 1, however, we
are one of those little towns that if you blink, you surely will miss us.
So the speed limit is slow.....She was following his truck, so he stopped,
opened the door and she got in.  He took her to the closest place he could
leave her, which was her vetspital.  The ladies at the vet knew exactly who
she was.  He said he found her, and didn't want her, so he brought her to
the closest place he could think of to take care of her.

Lilly had surgery this afternoon to repair a very deep laceration on the
base of her tail.  It went clear to the bone.  She had X-rays - of her whole
body, because once the vet got her "under" and could really take a closer
look, she believes she was hit by a car.  Not a single bone was broken, no
internal injuries.  Lilly is resting on her new Fido Fleece dog bed in front
of the pellet stove right now.  SHe is still doped up good, but is very
interested in the roast beef sandwiches we are having for dinner.  I promise
to go easy on her belly!!

Thank you one and all for the drool, prayers and kind words.  I have
responded to many of you and will finish that tonight with all the good
news.
What a wonderful Christmas gift - I believe in miracles, and the power of
drool.

All the best to all of you and your houndies this wonderful day.
David, Donna, Daisy & Lilly

ps-i am going to post some pictures on facebook for those who are members
there.