[Dailydrool] Dewey Got Me!

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 16:44:10 PST 2008

Dewey may be in training for his OEBE title.

It is Christmas Eve, I just finished dinner, and was putting together an apple pie for tomorrow. I had kicked off my slippers because of a lovely hot flash. Gotta vent that blasted heat some way! Normally, I put them up on the shoe rack, where Dewey knows he must not touch them. Not this time. Sigh.

I was rolling out the pie dough on the kitchen table, between pieces of waxed paper. DH calls me over and shows me a chewed up slipper. Damn! My fault. I should not have left them there. Just then, I hear waxed paper hit the floor. Damn! Dewey pulled the paper off the table. Oh well. I tear off another piece. That is when I notice that half of my dough is missing! DEWEY! At the same moment, DH notices that Dewey has the dough in his mouth! He hollers, Dewey drops it, and backs off. DH retrieves the dough. We look at it. It has a some drool on it. DH says "Dogs mouths are pretty clean". Hmmmm. The oven is rather hot. Will it kill all the germs? I wipe off the dough. I roll it out. I put the filling in it.

"Just don't tell Mom!", I tell him.  DH agrees.

We have had bassets for so many years, if we have not died from the drool germs yet, we probably never will.

Merry Christmas to all. And may your pies be drool-free!

Linda and Dewey