[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's Christmas wishes

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Thu Dec 25 08:59:59 PST 2008

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset, Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela acted more like a two legger 6-year old this morning.  She came upstairs about 6:15 this morning to wake me up.  Groggily, I drooped one arm off the bed, found her ear and gave her a few minutes of lovely ear skritches.  That caused her to settle back down for about forty five minutes, but then she just had to get me up.  Using her best dramatic voice, she projected urgent need so convincingly that I was sure that I either needed to get up and let her out or be prepared for the worst.  I chose to get up.

When we went out, we found it was around 32 degrees, a little damp but basically pleasant.  Angela did her business (since I had called her bluff) while I got the morning Wichita Eagle from the yard near the street.  When I was ready to go inside, Angie showed that she had wrapped her tether around the nearest tree and couldn't come up on the porch.  As soon as I got hold of her leash, she knew what she was supposed to do and walked around the tree, freeing herself.  She could have done it on her own, but will not unless I have the end of the leash firmly in hand.  As soon as she gets free, she clambers ungracefully up onto the porch to be admitted to the house.

Today, she ate breakfast (gobbled quickly) then wanted to go out into the back yard.  Once the entire domain had been surveyed, she came back in to see if she could talk me out of more food.  Then she wanted back out.  Then she went back to check her dish to see if more food had miraculously appeared.
Finally, with a disappointed look over her shoulder at me, she went into the living room to take a nap on her couch.

Since we are Christmas Eve people (and dog) rather than Christmas morning folks, Miss Angela got her holiday treats last night.  Today, I have promised a nice long walk if the weather stays decent.  We'll have to go next door to see if the little two leggers enjoyed the gifts we sent over.  Angela will have to sniff the luminarias to see if any dog has left a message and nose around in the few remaining patches of snow for any forgotten treats.  I will have to ration out the lovely marrow bones from Mennonite Beef that she got in her stocking.

Miss Angela instructs me (working on a holiday without double time pay!) to extend her warmest howliday greetings to all her friends and fans.  We wish you the best for the season and hopes for even better in the new year.

Bill (still stuffed from an endless grazing buffet at my sister's house last night)
Angela (snooter kisses to my public)

PS  Our printer FINALLY sent us a digitized version of our Howliday Greeting
card.  It is in a little larger format and I don't know how to shrink it , but I will be glad to send it along to anyone who wishes it.  Be aware that it is, as usual, a slightly adult rated card since it features Miss Angela and some of her Nude Crew.  Be assured that I am, thankfully, not required to disrobe.