[Dailydrool] My Christmas with Speedy (long)

Nancy Candray speedsterbasset at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 21:40:24 PST 2008

if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") {
 var YAHOO = {};
}
YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = [];
YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0;
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "Re:";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "ncandray at yahoo.com";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = "";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english";
YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {
"lw_1230268792_0": {
"text": "323-383-7770",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 2311,
"endchar": 2322,
"start": 2311,
"end": 2322,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "in the rain with no attention.   Nancy Candray Animal Advocate 323-383-7770 ncandray at yahoo.com  With your help, there is hope.     United Hope for",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1230268792_1": {
"text": "ncandray at yahoo.com",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 2327,
"endchar": 2344,
"start": 2327,
"end": 2344,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email_address"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "the rain with no attention.   Nancy Candray Animal Advocate 323-383-7770 ncandray at yahoo.com  With your help, there is hope.     United Hope for Animals",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1230268792_2": {
"text": "www.hope4animals.org",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 2797,
"endchar": 2816,
"start": 2797,
"end": 2816,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/place/virtual/web_site"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "and support to those involved in the care of animals.   www.hope4animals.org  --- On Thu, 12/25/08, Stephanie Law \u003ciamsdl at yahoo.com\u003e wrote:    From: Stephanie Law",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 },
"lw_1230268792_3": {
"text": "iamsdl at yahoo.com",
"extended": 0,
"startchar": 2871,
"endchar": 2886,
"start": 2871,
"end": 2886,
"extendedFrom": "",
"predictedCategory": "",
"predictionProbability": "0",
"weight": 1,
"relScore": 0,
"type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/email_address"],
"category": ["IDENTIFIER"],
"wikiId": "",
"relatedWikiIds": [],
"relatedEntities": [],
"showOnClick": [],
"context": "the care of animals.   www.hope4animals.org  --- On Thu, 12/25/08, Stephanie Law \u003ciamsdl at yahoo.com\u003e wrote:    From: Stephanie Law \u003ciamsdl at yahoo.com\u003e Subject:  To: \u0022Nancy Candray\u0022 \u003cncandray at yahoo.com",
"metaData": {
"visible": "true"
}
 }
};
YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "df1da5d4fa62a2637dcf8b5ee5933809";

I had quite an adventure today. It started with the usual breakfast and a nap. Since it was Christmas I gave Speedy a ham bone that I get at a pet store. Speedy decided to be a hog and ate the entire thing. Well 30 minutes later he jumped up on my bed and proceeded to throw up next to the pillows.

After this I was debating about where or not to share my xmas dinner with him but I decide to go ahead and give him a bit. Bad idea. About 15 minutes later he threw up again -at least this time it was on his bed. I ran to put had in my hands and get the bed into the wash but Speedy starts to eat what he had just thrown up. EWWWWWW.

You would think that is the end of the story but there is more. I got kinda worried because after he ate his vomit he started snoring loudly and refused to move.  I did a gum check and it was really really red so I decide maybe I should take him to the ER vet just in case. As soon as I got the leash he started jumping and getting all excited. OK so maybe I'd walk him and see if he is really ok. We went out and Mya (next door neighbors dog) was out in the street loose with no owner in sight. She came running at SPeedy and it looked like she had him by the throat. Speedy was making all this fuss so I grabbed Mya by the collar and yelled at the poor thing. I let Speedy in the car and I took Mya back to her house. I went to inspect Speedy  - not a scratch on him not even salvia! She had just been sniffing him. OMG he is sooooooooo dramatic.  The drive to the ER vet was unnecessary, Speedy was acting like himself again.

As for my neighbors dog, she is still out on the street. The owners are not home. I put her in the porch and closed the small gate. She can easily jump over it, but she stayed there as I left. I hoping she doesn't get the If the only Speedy liked her I would keep her or take her to the shelter where I volunter at. SHe is an Akita and superduper sweet. I was playing with her for like an hour after the whole Speedy thing.She is just very playful she even lies on her back to play and get her belly rubbed. My neighbors have her outside 24/7 rain or shine in the hot hot summer months and when it was freezing here. She gets no walks, no attention. I just feel so horrible that her Christmas is out in the cold. Very much in contrast to Speedy who is now snoozing away again on my bed

Nancy momslabe to
Speedy Speed Demon of the West OEBE
Ted (ATB)