[Dailydrool] Twoie update

Roger & Joyce Jennings jsj at zoomtown.com
Fri Dec 26 09:05:18 PST 2008

Our little Twoie, and I do mean little, is settled in and knows where
the treat jar is!  She was part of a puppy mill operation
(abomination).  She is only 2, but has been bred at least once.  The
woman who fed the dogs would come to the fence with a bucket of food
and empty the bucket on the other side of the fence.  The dogs had to
scramble for something to eat.  If it was rainy, the food would land
in the mud or puddles .  Or if someone had "relieved"  oneself in the
area, the food would land on that. Enough said about where Twoie came
from.  She is a black blanket tri and weighs 36 pounds.  She has small
bones and needs some weight, but will never be big.  She deep brown,
solemn, eyes that go straight o the heart (don't they all)?
Naturally, we have to housebreak her and she is doing pretty well in
that area.  I feed her in the bathroom and shut the door so that she
knows she is alone and no one is hovering to grab her food.  I also
use the same bowl, which is unusual looking, for all her meals.  I
feed 3 times a day and just wash it out between meals.  I don't know
if any any of this is helpful, but it is worth a try.  Tuck and Beanie
had no trouble accepting her and vice versa.  Yes, she sleeps with us
too!
Her tale wags all the time and we just love her.  She wants to be on
Roger's  lap or mine, or at least in the same room with us.  I don't
have a digital camera or I would post pictures.  She is a pretty girl.

I have not posted about her recently because with my broken bones,
Roger's broken rib and Christmas, I don't know if I'm pitching or
catching.
I wish all of you a blessed New Year and send drool to all people and
poochies in need.

Roger, Joyce, Tuck, Beanie and Twoie