[Dailydrool] Kelvin Day 15

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Fri Dec 26 21:23:10 PST 2008

Quick update on the old man:
His incontinence seems to have mostly cleared up after finishing the
pred and diuretic, now he only has a problem if he drinks too much.  We
have to really watch him there, if we don't he'll drink until he can
barely move, he pulled that one on me the other night while I was
dealing with another dog and her issues.  He waddled around for 3 hours
after bed time with us walking him every half hour until he had passed
all the excess water.  Tried it again last night and tonight.

He shows more signs of abuse every day, now when we get close enough to
pet him he will usually drop and flop over to show the belly, but his
eyes are really worried and it's a complete 'I'm submitting, don't hurt
me' thing.  He still ducks if we move too fast.  With any treat he
hasn't been given before he will take it then drop it and wait for us to
give it to him again before he will eat it.  Almost like he's afraid he
can't have it but after the first one I'm usually having to keep him
from jumping for the treats.

Monday will be his checkup at the vet, I will be talking to him about
some labored breathing Kelvin's been having in the evenings and we'll
get a weight update to see if he's gaining enough.

Today he really didn't want to be out with the others (with Curie
sitting on his head I don't blame him) and was getting anxious while I
was shooting this video, so he doesn't appear as happy as he normally
is.  But the light is better out there and it was sunny and warm, I
think he may need that more than he thinks he does.
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxFcg9_S4E

carmen