[Dailydrool] Crime and stairs

beckyandgeorgie beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 28 15:10:04 PST 2008

That is so funny about the basset crime - isn't that what they're noted for?
In Calgary at a large pet store I was in looking for marrow treats in bulk. They said they were out cuz they
 had to ban an Airedale who would come in each day on the dot at lunchtime and test the bins. He did fancy
the marrow bones.
Airedales do not like to be disciplined but he had a good thing going for awhile!
And stairs -
Miss Becky was reluctant to use stairs but now looks for them. The place I have has so many stairs it's awful
 but two sets have a board with carpet put on it and Jan and I went out to get a bigger board for the bigger'longer steps. We got two-sided tape which didn't work so I ordered skid mats for decks and duct taped (my choice) to the board. Did same plus rug for the smaller one. First time she tried bigger board with rug she went zipping down to bottom.  It's taken awhile but she now trust the bigger board mostly. Someone also suggested skateboard tape?
 The bigger steps  - they are on quite a slant but the smaller ones work wonderfully and she uses them herself.
I hang onto her tail when she's going down the larger one.
So it feels good that she uses them but didn't at first! You have to be as stubborn as they are.
I am sure Roland is 'miffed at his invasion of privacy'.
Same as doctor telling me I probably had arthritis in my 40s.  I was aghast - at my age -
yep she was right got two of them.Georgie and
'She's trying to kill me!  Miss Becky