[Dailydrool] BUV seats & shoplifting hounds

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 12:23:27 PST 2008

I have one of those hammock style car seat covers for my car, and I LOVE
IT!! Seriously, the thing is wonderful! When I first tried to take Joey to
PetSmart, right after I adopted him, he went flying against the back of the
front seats 2x, in one trip. Haven't had that happen since, Joey likes it,
but requested a blankie, as the water proof material wasn't comfy enough on
his paws! I've also used this everytime I've done a transport, and the only
dog that's ever stepped over it was a long legged black & tan coon hound. I
believe that one of the Florida basset rescues sells them, so that could
also be another plus on getting one.

As for shoplifting bassets, I've been on the end of that a few times! I took
Joey to PetSmart for basic obedience, and one night he tried to steal a
sausage roll thing, that I wound up buying, and at our local natural petfood
store, he's pretty notorious! He's shoplifted a dried chicken patty (by
shoplifting, I mean he jumped up, grabbed it out of the bin, and it was gone
before his paws hit the ground!) I offered to pay, and they laughed and said
forget it! He also has tried to swipe a salmon roll there more than once. I
was told it's "a hound thing," and that one of the people who works there's
family has a bloodhound, and everytime they bring him in, he snarfs a salmon
roll too. Still, fishing a rather slimy, still wrapped salmon roll out of
the mouth of a hound is not something I recomend! Aside from the fact that
the basset REALLY wants that roll and you could very well loose a hand in
such an endeavor, they stink really bad!! Great for the coat, but your house
will wreak like a fish shop for awhile.

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473