[Dailydrool] George's birthday cake episode

Karen Steflik k9casa at escapees.com
Mon Dec 29 19:59:19 PST 2008

So George, the new guy, turned 7 on Sunday, December 21st (happy
birfday Georgie Porgie Puddin Pie!)  I am on winter break from school
and we had planned to celebrate his birthday on the 21st with a trip
to the dog park and special chew bones.

Well a few days before his birthday, I guess George got nervous that I
was going to forget his birthday and he decided to make his own
birthday cake while we were at the movies one night.  He is the oldest
Basset we've ever acquired and he is the wildest and craziest.
Usually they have settled down by this age.   And usually they settle
down after a few weeks at our house; we've had him 4 months now.  He's
a riot.

When we got home from the movies at 9:30pm, George had gotten into the
pantry and dragged an 8 ounce bag of powdered sugar (he apparently
thought it was flour) and scattered it all over the kitchen, dining
room, front entryway, and back porch (accessed by the dog door).  He
then proceeded to get into the Crisco sticks and decided they weren't
right for the cake, made a few puncture marks, and then left them
alone.  Then he got out the aluminum foil (to cover the cake?) and
unrolled it all over the place.  We were laughing so hard when we got
in the door, and were relieved nobody was hurt.  I vacuumed up as much
of the powdered sugar as possible and then Tony mopped the floors two
times.  All was fine, thank goodness we have all wood and tile floors.

The next two times we went to the movies that week, we crated George
and he decided he didn't like that and vowed that he was going to be
good.  He hadn't been getting into the trashes to prove it.  So
tonight when we went to the movies (I love to go to the cinema during
Christmas break can you tell???), we left him out and came home to a
perfectly spotless house and he was so proud that he didn't get into
anything, he charged us at the door to tell us how excited he was.  We
were so proud of him.  I guess now that he is 7 he is finally grown
up???  He really is a crack up and makes us laugh constantly.

Hope you're all having a nice holiday season!  Happy New Year!

Karen and Tony and the k9casa in Colorado

Spike    www.dogster.com/?54883
Snowy  www.dogster.com/?56174
Gomer  www.dogster.com/?344428
Rosie   www.dogster.com/?899849