[Dailydrool] crates in vans

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 12:54:24 PST 2008

.
In my Van dogs travel in crates and the crates (and everything else) is
anchored in some fashion within the car. Crates are bungeed to other crates
and to metal parts inside the back and everything else is  also battened
down. If I start and something is rattling, I have to stop and fix it. I do
everything I can to minimize crate movement and movement of ther items inthe
Van in case of an accident, and that is all I can do.
The only time a dog is out of a crate in the Van is when I stop someplace
and have to go out of the Van without the dogs. Then I open the door to
Cooper's crate so that he is loose, because he sits on the front seat and
watches for me. I am fairly confident that no one is going to bother the Van
with a  huge black hairy dog with very white teeth sitting in the front seat
and yes, the Van is locked. (His crate is behind the driver's seat, with one
door facing the front and the other facing the side door opening.)
(Bassets sitting on the front seat of the Van do not have, I have learned,
quite the same intimidation factor as a Belgian. Sorry about that.)

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper