[Dailydrool] Breeding

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Tue Jul 22 01:25:48 PDT 2008

I have new found respect for basset breeders.

As a type, Millie is trying to hump Alfie's head.  Wrong on so many levels!  She's only started doing this recently.  Does this mean she's top dog now?  I find it hard to tell as she switches between submissive and dominant. Clever little minx that one.

She's now got him on his back and is sniffying his boy parts.  Nice.

Alfie's shown absolutely no interest in her in that way at all.

We took them both to the South of England Basset Hound club BBQ and party last Sunday, and *shock* I practicularly had to beg Alfie to eat the sausages in the sausage race.  Very unbasset-like.

To the lady that is thinking about getting two bassets, I say go for it.  In many ways two are easier than one.  You can't be with them 24/7 and they hate being alone.  Be warned though, they are addictive.

Love and basset hugs to Wyatt and Zelda and their families.  Our thoughts and drool, are with you.

Hilary, Alfie and Millie