[Dailydrool] Twinkie

froggie froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 23 17:42:57 PDT 2008

Twinkie would say thank you for the kind welcomes, but she's much too tired to get off the couch.  She only spent the entire day there.  Must be exhausting having to rest all the time ;)  She was named because she is classic basset looking (low rider) and is "sweet and fluffy."  She used to slink around the house when we first got her as a foster back in March. (Terrified of us)  Back in those days she wouldn't leave Bridget's bed (except to get off and swallow things she shouldn't) so I moved her to the living room where there isn't any contraband. (Although she did find the flannel top to a pair of pajamas my 12 yr old won't wear and ripped the placket off and swallowed it.....  I found it later in a corner of the living room all slimy and nasty.)  We've had her x-rayed to make sure there are no foreign objects in there.

Sometimes she does the Basset 500 all by herself.  It's a hoot to see her go from semi-comatose to racing maniac :)  Bridget calls her Sweeney (I have no idea why), so her official name (as everyone here has a middle name) is Twinkie Sweeney Intessimone (say THAT 5 times fast! LOL!)  She's definitely not Nellie, which is why we love her.  Other than the vomiting, she's soooo low maintenance.  My kind of dog!!!

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets + 6
Murphy, Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB), Sapper and the fosters
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
A Basset is an Asset!