[Dailydrool] Elvis

hanni klinger hanni1221 at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 24 23:02:54 PDT 2008

I do not post very often,but my daughter Angelika does .Elvis is back home since yesterday at noon.I believe he is in no pain,but has some withdrawal symptoms because he was on morphine for 3 days at the hospital.He is resting very comfortable at the moment.good news is that he has some control over his bowels and bladder.He has no use of his hind legs or waiving of the tail at all.So I put a towel under his belly making sure his penis is not cut off and he will walk.It is very hard on me because I have a health problem of my own and my baby ways 54 pounds.I do not know if he will get his legs back ,but as long as he is not in pain I will do or get whatever it takes to make it work for him.
When I was 27 I was in Elvis position and they did not put me down,now being 60 I am ok as best as I will ever be.
He so much does not deserve this,any pup ever does,but Elvis was so abused for more than 2 years before he came to us when he was 2.5 years old.
He will be 10 in September.
I would like to thank all of you for the concerns ,advice and drool send to us,once I adjust to my new lifestyle I will respond to you with a personal note.
Thank you all of my drool family.

Hanni  Mom to Chilliepepper (which really does not care to much about anything but the food Elvis is not eating)
Elvis my very special little boy who I wish to make him well again,grand slave to PW Ms Brandy