[Dailydrool] Elvis

Cindy Wright woodwrightbasset at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 08:21:38 PDT 2008

When our Mabel couldn't walk for a 4-6 weeks a couple of years ago, a
friend suggested that I take a canvas tote bag, cut down each side, and
use as a sling instead of the towel I had been using. It worked great
and as she improved I gradually left her take a little more of her own
weight and used it to steady her. Maybe you could cut an additional
square of fabric out for Elvis's "equipment". The handles were the right
length to really help Mabel without me being hunched over.
She did recover and had about three more good years before she passed at
a little over thirteen years.

So I put a towel under his belly making sure his penis is not cut off
and he will walk.It is very hard on me because I have a health problem
of my own and my baby ways 54 pounds.I do not know if he will get his
legs back ,but as long as he is not in pain I will do or get whatever it
takes to make it work for him.