[Dailydrool] Today

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:15:46 PDT 2008

Today has been a tough day, but the Drool has helped pull me through. We
will be fine, thanks to all of you. I cannot possibly answer you all
individually unless I quit my job and....hmmmmmmmm.....no...gotta buy dog
food.
Everyone has been so wonderful, and I know Zelda is better off. She went
peacefully, ready to go.

While Doc was here, I had put the boys-- all of them-- in crates in the Van,
turned on the a/c, cracked the windows, and locked the Van. I did not need
the boys "helping" or barking non-stop while Doc was here. When I let them
in,(Doc was gone) Nigel and Mitchell proceeded to pee on every spot where
Doc had stood. He must smell like the biggest, most alpha dog they've ever
encountered, and they just wanted to make sure HE knew this is THEIR house!
I had to laugh. Such males!

I do ok for awhile and then I don't and then I do. I think Mitchell is
confused. I noticed that before they ate their dinner, ALL the boys glanced
around to make
sure they weren't in Zelda's way. The memory of her temper lives on.

Thank you all so much for everything. Words cannot possibly express the
gratitude I feel for having an entire community there for us right now. It
is such a wonderful thing, this Drool. All of you, thank you so much again
and again and again. Now we go on to the next Chapter, whatever it is.
Thanks again,
Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Cooper, MomPerson and DadPerson and Zelda(ATB).