[Dailydrool] Dentals

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 13:27:54 PDT 2008

Our Elsinore and young Charlie spent this morning at the vet having
their teeth cleaned because the vet thought he saw some infected
teeth the last time I brought the dogs in. Elsinore had been
agitating all week for something new and exciting to do. Guess she'll
think twice for awhile before she complains of boredom, especially if
she suspects that complaining will land her at the vet's again.

Two dentals with no extractions, two sets of toenails trimmed, and
one pair of eye ducts flushed (Charlie's) cost me $326 here in
Nashville, Tennessee. They had to be on antibiotics for five days
before their dentals, which adds about $20 to the total cost.

The vet had a cage containing two kittens in his waiting room.
Charlie begged and begged to be allowed to take them home with us. He
cried, yodeled, and finally shouted at the top of his lungs to have a
kitten of his very own. I don't care for cats. I told him no and
dragged him out, still pleading piteously. Elsinore was interested
only in the kittens' food. She had been upset about not getting
breakfast this morning before her dental.

Both dogs have been blessedly sleepy so far this afternoon. I'm
enjoying the calm--and their Hollywood smiles and fresh breath.

Elizabeth