[Dailydrool] Sylvie's comment

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 08:27:41 PDT 2008

>> Sylvie - Since surely you wouldn't make such a comment without having
actually seen the movie and knowing what it is about, could you please tell
us what about the basset's role in the movie raises your concern that it is
going to drive people to the impulse purchase of puppies? The ads say it
opened in limited places, but in not yet available here until tomorrow and I
have not yet had the chance to go.

>> dawn

I think that Sandi's very helpful response to me, and my response to her,
has probably cleared up by now that I haven't seen the movie...Olympia WA is
rarely on the "limited places" short list! So I've just seen the pre-release
publicity and Today show clip with an adorable Basset who would herself be
enough to inspire legions of young girls to want a Basset of their very own!
;)

And why would I not make this comment? I said I had mixed feelings, which
I'm certainly entitled to have and to voice...even if Tri-State is
benefitting from Baguette's appearance. All rescue groups, not just
Tri-State, will have to deal with the fall-out of extra dogs if there is one
- although it sounds from what Sandi said that this might not be as much of
a concern as I had initially...

Sylvie McGee
HeavenScent Bassets
Olympia, WA