[Dailydrool] Lip warts

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 13:44:18 PDT 2008

It's been 24 hours since her B12 shot and our Elsinore still has lip
warts. They're the same size they were yesterday but maybe a little
darker in color. I think I'm just not going to check on them again
until next week. They're not very nice and lifting her jowl every
half hour to look at them isn't going to make them go away any faster.

This afternoon I was at the endodontist's again and it looks like the
other tooth he thought probably needed a root canal does indeed need
a root canal. So as I was standing glumly  at the receptionist's desk
making the appointment for which I'll watch another $1,200 go into my
mouth, she commented that it looked as if Elsinore won't be getting
that doggie door we promised her for a while longer yet. I told her
that it really would be a while longer because I'd had Elsinore at
the vet the day before for "something else" and the vet discovered
she needs her teeth tended to as well.

I was very careful about telling the receptionist that Elsinore saw
the vet for "something else" because I was afraid of the look I'd get
if I told her I'd taken my dog to the vet for lip warts. And yet I
have no problem telling thousands of people on the Drool about this
unsavory condition she's developed. It once again made me realize how
wonderful the Drool is because you can talk about some truly nasty
topics of concern--like anal gland expression, dogs eating poop, dogs
licking out each other's various orifices, finding wet eye buggers on
your clothing and dried drool on the ceiling fans, your close
inspection of the color of your dog's vomit or diarrhea--and nobody
pulls away in disgust or bursts into laughter. Everyone treats such
topics of conversation as seriously as they would a discussion of
heart conditions, gas prices, or world peace.

So even though I don't have to say it, thanks for  the freedom to
talk about our Elsinore's lip warts on the Drool without having to
worry about hearing a lot of helpless snickering.

Elizabeth