[Dailydrool] How did you get attracted to the basset hound

rebec at execpc.com rebec at execpc.com
Tue Jul 1 15:17:28 PDT 2008

All my life all I ever wanted was a dog.  Except for a year
when I was about 5, our family never had a dog after i was born and the
parents consistantly said no.  the summer I got married, I got a
phone call from my sister who was married to an air force guy.  they
had just gotten a puppy when they got word they were being stationed in
Turkey.  They couldn't take the puppy with them and knew I always
wanted a dog and was now leaving home.  did I want the puppy?  I
answered YES without giving it a second thought.  then I asked
"what kind is it"  "A basset hound".  I had
to ask what a basset hound was.   I had no clue.  So
samantha came to us.  She was about 4 months old, unregistered and
from a backyard breeder but boy did we adore her.  she trained us
well, and dragged us down the street on walks.  We finally resorted
to taking her to obedience classes offerred by the local kennel
club.  Meanwhile, we "rescued" Beulah from the cage at the
pet store to keep Samantha company.  Then we started taking the 2
girls to fun matches in obedience.  then I discovered DOG
SHOWS.  Pretty soon I HAD to have a show quality basset, so we got
Rosie.  And it's been all downhill (or uphill, depending on your
point of veiw) since then.  Our current count is 15 bassets (not
counting our 4 week old chubbo), 2 otterhounds, 3 c at ts (and one husband).

BEWARE THE SLIPPERY SLOPE OF BASSET HOUND SLAVEDOM!

crazy
basset lady