[Dailydrool] Food Bowl Noise & carrot question

anitra palato santanapants at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 11:49:52 PDT 2008

Does anyone's Basset play with their food bowl?  Recently Santana has been
playing w/ his food bowl when he wants a treat or is ready for dinner or is
ready for another dinner 1 hour after his 1st dinner (which he will not
get!)

He will put his big paw in the bowl, tip it over and pick it up with his
mouth but then put his big paw back in it and then get frustrated that his
big paw is not letting his mouth pick it up, all with making a racket with
the tin bowl.  As soon as I look at him he stops.. wags his tail... and is
waiting for me to say "what are you doing?"  Then if I ignore him again he
will start up the racket.  He seems to be doing this for treats, more food,
carrots etc.  I am probably rewarding him too w/ carrots! It is so cute
though!

He has seemed a little more hungry lately too but he just lost him 8lbs and
the vet his happy w/ his weight.  I did the green bean diet with him. Giving
him the amount of 3/4 cup of dry dog food, tablespoon of wet and about 1/2
cup green beans 2 X's per day.  He was used to getting 1 heaping cup of dry,
heaping tablespoon of wet 2 X's per day.  This weight loss took him about
3mths maybe 4.

Also with the carrots, some of his vomit from his episode last week was
carrots.....I was thinking too could the carrots have made him vomit because
he didn't throughly chew them, I see some in his poopie on the grass too?
or is the salmonela on the carrots and not on the tomatoes? (lol since
the media/FDA does not know now?)   I have cut back on carrots for 3 days
now he only gets 4 mini's a day as opposed to I was giving him about 10
minis per day.

sorry to ramble.....
--
Anitra
Momma To

Check out Mr. Pants' woofsites!
Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/622568
OR
Myspace Page: http://www.myspace.com/santanadog

"Happiness is a warm puppy"-Rerun Van Pelt (Charlie Brown Character)