[Dailydrool] Santana, Donna's girls, Cowboy and Rupert

Bassetmomof2 at aol.com Bassetmomof2 at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 08:13:28 PDT 2008

I guess I should have read the whole drool before posting my last  response.
Our pups don't play with the food bowls because I have to pick  them up the
second they are empty so dogs can be together in one room.   Otherwise we have
a fight.

They do share their water bowl and IF it gets overlooked and he finds it
empty Freddie picks it up and throws it around until we notice.  It IS  really
funny, you are right on that one.  As far as carrots, we use them  for treats
occassionally.  We were told that carrots are high in sugar so  Freddie gets
them about once a week.  He LOVES watermelon these days.   He gives me the look
whenever I'm having some.  Ellie doesn't love carrots,  watermelon or green
beans.  Really she's not a vegetarian at all.   She'd prefer cheese, eggs,
something hearty.

To DONNA,  THANK DOG the girls are home.  We are SO HAPPY for  you!!!! We've
been watching to drool  very closely praying the girls would  find their way.
What a great idea to leave the pillow!!

To COWBOY and RUPERT - you will certainly hear different opinions so IMHO I
wouldn't separate them for special time.  While they are playing, they are
also deciphering who will be in charge among them.  If you treat Cowboy
separately Rupert might get jealous and so forth.  However, Freddie was  first dog in
our house.  When we added Ellie, Freddie was first to get fed,  belly rubs
and treats.  BUT both still get the same attention.  If we  deviate then Ellie
thinks that's her opportunity to be in charge and she attacks  Freddie -
usually drawing blood.  Its not pretty - she's goes RED.  We  had this happen a
couple weeks ago and their wounds have just now healed.   They've been together
for 2 years and this still happens on occassion.  If  Ellie had her way she
would be in charge.  But she doesn't.  She needs  reminding that I am their leader
and she isn't taking over, especially when she  attacks innocent Freddie.
BTW - she's also bigger than he, even though  he's 6 months older - so she
throws her weight around sometimes.

Healing Droolies to Mommadog Zelda and all who need it.

Helene, Freddie and Ellie