[Dailydrool] No That's Definately a Basset....

Kristin Mielke kristin.mielke063 at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 3 21:13:47 PDT 2008

Took Mr.  Hushymouse to the vet yesterday for the monthly claw clip wrestle
tournament.  I get the front end (Biting end), tech gets the back end
(kicking end), vet gets to clip while praying please no vein, please no
vein,,,Hushy gets a biscuit at the end.  We are trying the Dremel but his
nails are so thick it does not seem to put a real dent in the growth, but I
am confident we are making some progress as my dexterity and nerves improve.
  I will save the tale of me purchasing said dremel for doggie nail trimming
at the very manly hardware store for a later date...but rest assured it is
worth the wait.  Anywho on with the story....
As we emerge from the vets exam room I spy a very young little houndie boy
in the waiting room. Now bassets are a rare site arround here so we had to
say hi.. Attached to the leash was a young couple.  Hushy immediately went
over and gave a big snooter kiss to the buppie...horrified I quicly blurted
is your basset sick or are you just here for a routine visit...silent prayer
that said basset who is now attached to Hushy does not have virilant kennel
caugh, worms, or any other yuck....as Hushy is the canine equivalent of the
bubble boy due to his frequent flyer status at the vetspital.  And this is
when the hilarity began......Husband and slave to buppie answers"No he is
here for a check up, we just got him but he isn't a Basset, he is a beagle"
Me who cannot keep my mouth shut..."No I don't think so, that's a Basset,
see, ahh...big feet, big snooter, long ears, very close to the ground, large
chest...baby Basset...maybe Bagel, but deffinately not a beagle,  looks like
full Basset to me"  Female buppie slave "No he is a beagle, that's what the
breeder said"  Me, still can't keep mouth shut "What breeder would that
be?"....Female slave "Well he is not really a purabred"  Me, "um well he is
not really a Beagle, really he is a Basset"  Female slave "Impossible, he
won't get that big...pointing at a very nicely padded Hushymouse"  Me
"Ummmmm yeah well, ummmm yeah he will probably get pretty big,,,,"buppie
looks about the same size as Heftymouse at his age.
Nice vet arrives and starts to crack up....visiblly amused he takes a look
at the buppie, and begins to laugh...Couple goes into exam room.  I settle
the bill with the vet...Who is now really giggling "Well he could maybe have
some Beagle in there....but ahh...well ahhh...I go with Basset....look at
those ears...." I left the address to the Drool in case the new slaves
needed some advise...and my phone number if ahhh, well if anything went
wrong.....
On a serious note I am considering calling the "Breeder..NOT" and enquiring
about Beagles for sale...what a crock of puppie pooo.
Laughed all the way home.....Beagle, yeah right.... Bagel maybe....but
Basset, I am betting full Basset.

Kris (Yeah...sure Beagle)
Hushy (I like the Buppie, he looks like me Mom...why dey say he a Beagle)