[Dailydrool] breed mix up

Danielle L dll1013 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 09:34:43 PDT 2008

While I was walking my 2 bassets the other day, a car stopped me and asked where I had gotten them.  I said where I had gotten them and she proceeded to tell me that their family had gotten what they thought was a basset hound, and then they quickly realized that it wasn't!  I didn't even ask where they got it from.  But how does someone not know what kind of dog they are giving to someone?

I quickly told her about the basset rescue in my area.  I've learned so much from being on the Drool!

Oh and the kicker, she said they wanted a nice lazy dog!  Oh boy.  I told her they are anything but lazy and very stubborn...as I have Sammy laying on the ground refusing to walk any further!

She's in for a rude awakening when they get their "lazy" basset hound!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Danielle
mom to Pheebe and Sammy