[Dailydrool] I Failed Fostering 101!

Michelle Brenholtz drummergirl_chel at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 5 13:31:28 PDT 2008

Hello everyone!

As you all know, Sharon and I took in one of the Arkansas 11 just a week ago. Her name is Rylee now and she is just over two years old. She is a beautiful Tri-Colored hound and very sweet. I have to admit we fell in love. Especially Sharon who was smitten from first site. For the past week we have tossed around the idea of adopting her. She is our first foster and I can't believe we are already foster failing! But Cassie and her are getting along better and we have been given some great advice on how to further work with them both and get them past the small issues that remain. Cassie has been incredibly better with the separation Anxiety since we brought Rylee in. Even with Rylee in the crate for 4 hours while we are working, it has helped Cassie to calm down. I guess she likes her company!

So...the adoption contract is filled out. The check is signed. And it all goes in the mail on Monday. We talked about it and decided that we will still foster if needed in the future. Though we will probably wait a while before doing so to give Rylee time to get used to us and Cassie. We are so excited!!!!

Michelle, Sharon, Cassie the Bassie and Rylee Hound (Not a Foster!)