[Dailydrool] Everyone Comed to See Me!!!

Terry amzany at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 5 16:37:46 PDT 2008

Miss Ellie Mae Basset Here.  Yesterday was the 4 th of July and my boy
rode in the Parade in our town.  Mom dressed me up and told me that we
were going to go watch for him to ride by with the other kids from his
Karate School.  What she didn't tell me about were all the other floats
and trailers and fire trucks and everyone else that were going to go
pass just to wave and to say hi to Little Ole Me me and to say just tell
me just how cute I was.  I do have to admit that Mom did put my real
nice 4th of July dress and hat on me so that everyone would know how
much I appreciate the great Country I live in and the people who made it
so great.  When the Fire Engines sounded their sirens I howled real loud
so that I could be heard by everyone who seemed to appreciate my solo.
I do have to admit that we Bassets seem to have a very special quality
in our voice when we sing.  Mom was good and brought me a large
container of water and had found me a nice place in the shade.  After my
public had finished adoring me I went home climbed on the sofa with 3
pillows and took a long nap.   Later I had daddy give me some extra
snacks and relaxed with my family.  I hope that everyone is having a
great weekend.  The only bad part is that before I could meet my public
I had to have a royal bubble bath.  I guess we have to take the good
with the bad in this life.