[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - I Got Points!

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sun Jul 6 20:12:42 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

Since I got my "zipper" out yesterday and Dr. Bob said I was good to go, Mom
decided I could go to the dog show today.  I was really glad - especially
since Opie is still in temporary lock-down.  So - Granny Pat came and we
loaded into the van and drove to Monroe.  When we got there, I got to visit
with lots of people - both big and little.  There was one little girl who
was really good with ear scratches.  She liked my red-white & blue snood too
- it has silver stars on it!!  I also got to visit with lots of other
houndies.  There were 34634 basset hounds - well, maybe not quite that many
- but lots!

Then it was my turn to go walk around the big fenced area with mom.  The sun
was hot, but I was brave!  Round and round - up on the ramp - the judge
going over my ENTIRE (and I mean ENTIRE) body!  It took her a long time to
check me out.  I got kind of tired so I sat down - Mom was not amused.  She
rudely reminded me to stand up by putting her hand between my back legs -
well, you get the idea.  Then I got a pretty blue ribbon that said FIRST on
it.  I thought I was done - but no!  Pretty soon, I went back into the
fenced yard and went round and round again!  This time I got a purple ribbon
- it said WINNER!  I was sure I was done now - but no!  One more time, I
went back into the fenced yard and went round and round again!  This time I
got a red and white ribbon - it said BEST OF OPPOSITE SEX.  Then, I got my
picture taken with the nice lady judge.  I was really tired  so I kept
sitting down - but finally, the photographer was faster than my butt!

Mom and Granny Pat were very excited and happy!  They said I got THREE
points.  Well, duh!  Of course I did - after all, I got three ribbons,
right????

I'm all tuckered out - gotta go to bed and get my beauty sleep!

Drools to ya!

Norm and the rest of the Red Bay Boys

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny and Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys