[Dailydrool] dog park gossip

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 14:01:59 PDT 2008

Yesterday James and I took the boys to the dog park. It was a beautiful day
out and the park was full of wonderful well-behaved pooches. It was the
first time we'd taken Rupert and he did great, loved every moment. The funny
part came when I was walking around, just keeping an eye on my two. Well no
one knows whose dog is whose because they're all loose running around. Most,
especially mine, could care less where their pawrents are.

Anyway I hear a group of people talking as I mosey along, one says as Cowboy
runs by "hey isnt that a basset hound?" (I smile to myself, glad they know
their breeds) Another woman says "yea it is. those are nice dogs and all I
just could never deal with one" (I'm thinking she's gonna mention the drool,
the counter cruising, the stubborness - any of the many so-called "less
desirable" basset qualities) She instead says "you know with those short
legs and long bodies!" Hah, that's my favorite part - they're adorable!

Then a man starts in about once knowing someone who had one and just refused
to neuter the dog. Well again my ears perk up as Cowboy is not yet fixed.
The woman then says "yea well that one isn't fixed either and his goods are
just about dragging on the ground"

I had to laugh and turn away. Ran over and told James who took pride
knowing that Cowboys jewells were noticed. Lol. The day ended after about an
hour when Cowboy tried to exert his manliness on a pretty collie-BOY.

Kacy with Cowboy (huh? what? that was a boy?!) and Rupert (yes, dum-dum,
thanks for ruining my Sunday-Funday!)