[Dailydrool] maggie mae lateral ear resection

Cathy Burlew cburlew at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jul 8 06:22:45 PDT 2008

Just a little update on Maggie Mae (Mavis).  Maggie Mae continues to have ear problems a drug resistant infection cause by pseudomas.  Since Maggie Mae has suffered with ear infections since she came into rescue in Georgia in Aug. 2007 and they have continued to this time.  Maggie's contact with people has been limited as the infection could be passed on to humans as well as other bassets.

Well Maggie Mae will be undergoing her second ear surgery, July 14th, since we adopted her from ABC basset rescue April 12, 2008, a lateral ear resection, which should clear up Maggie Mae's ear problems.  Maggie will have to wear the dreaded e-collar for two weeks and be allowed outside for only potty breaks.  We will also have to be on the alert for yeast and fungal infections.

Maggie Mae is the best basset and never seems upset even when we have to do painful cleaning and putting medicine in her ear.  We are hoping after her ear heals all Maggie Mae's problems will be over.

Cathy B and Maggie Mae