[Dailydrool] Corn Bone Confetti

rebecca lando rebecca.lando at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 08:19:52 PDT 2008

Hi Al,

Your story about the veggie-loving Viszla cross was great. Humphrey's the
same way - leave any part of any vegetable within his reasonable reach (this
includes counters, table tops, and even a cool stove) and he's on it like
frosting on cake. The other day I walked into the kitchen to find him
munching blissfully on a hunk of fennel. When we tried to plant an herb
garden in our window, Humphrey quickly ate ALL of the rosemary, basil, and
parsley. We weren't sure if we should give him some pasta and a nice chianti
to wash down his little Italian herb trio, or if we should wring his neck
for eating our herbs - the starter plants, which came from the Union Sq
Greenmarket, cost $6 each.

We settled for being happy he stayed away from the chives.

Bix deigns to eat only broccoli. When Humphrey begs for veggies, Bix gives
them a cursory sniff and then gives Humphrey a very disappointed look.
According to Bix, Humphrey is a disgrace to dogkind.

-Rebecca & Humphrey, the voluntarily almost-vegan basset hound