[Dailydrool] Score 1 Rabbit for Reggie Part 2

Lisa Rendina lrendina at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:48:02 PDT 2008

When I got home from work last night, I changed my clothes, grabbed a trash bags, some plastic gloves and a shovel and headed outside.  I found a rabbit in the far corner of our yard, stuck under the wire part of our fence.  Looks like the Rabbit was trying to slip under the fence when Reggie was chasing it, and she got stuck under it and couldn't get out.  It doesn't look like Reggie actually touched it.  Most likely he was a bit apprehensive to get close to the poor thing in it's condition.  It must have died fairly quickly.

The worst part was even with the gloved on and completely touching it, it was so stuck I couldn't get it out.  My neighbor came by with a wire clipper and got it loose, and we shoveled it into a bag.  Now I have the challenge of finding a way to dispose of it.  Our township does not have animal control and the PA wildlife and game commission won't pick up a small animal like this.  They told me to put it out with the trash.

Oh god.  I am praying I don't have to do this again any time soon!

Lisa Rendina and Reggie Bones (I killed it I tell ya!!!)