[Dailydrool] agressive Canadian Basset

Cblatz Cblatz at zoominternet.net
Tue Jul 8 10:25:06 PDT 2008

What a heart breaking situation.

I only see two options assuming he has been cleared of having a physical problem.

1.) rehome the dog with  childless, experienced dog owners.

2.) euthanize the dog.

I would opt for option 2.  Floppy has challanged and bit at both children and adults.  You have an escalating situation that is going to result in someone getting seriously hurt.

Behavioral training in such a busy family would probably be useless as all members would have to be involved..

It is irresponsible to subject family and friends to such an unpredictable dog.

Cathy