[Dailydrool] long quicks

rebec at execpc.com rebec at execpc.com
Tue Jul 8 13:07:18 PDT 2008

the perfect tool for shortening up nails with long quicks is
the dremmel.  Take the nail back just to the point
where you see the dead quick (you can see the texture
change) about very 3 - 4 days, and the quicks will recede. I actually
dremmel AROUND the tip of the quick so that just a bit if the dead quick
is exposed to speed the process along.  Occasionally I will get less
than a drop of blood, but no pain response.  i believe that some dogs
have the blood vessel extend slightly past the quick or past the nerve
endings anyway.

crazy basset lady