[Dailydrool] Flat basset not wanting to walk

Karen Cannon klcannon at telus.net
Tue Jul 8 20:55:24 PDT 2008

Hi to the Flat Basset people...
I know of a basset in California who only walks in one direction and when he is supposed to turn around to go home, "flatly" refuses to do so.  Since he only has 3 good legs and his owner doesn't want to push him too much - she brings along a children's plastic wagon and when it's time to go home, she loads or encourages
(this is where the treats help) the basset to climb in and get a ride home.

Maybe a wagon would help. I know it's an extra thing to tow along, but it's better than trying to tug him home!

Karen
Momslave to Lucie (Devil Dog)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have  friend who has a basset about 1 or 2 yrs old.. we don't know how
long the basset has been on the streets fending for him/her self.. but
whenever my friend takes her baby for a walk.. the basset just wants to keep
going and going, wants to play with other dogs, can not go off leash.. bolts
from her.. and if her basset youngen doesn't get his/her own way... flat
bassets and blows air out of his/her huffers (sides of the mouth).. and acts
like he/she is dying.. and my friend can't get him/her up again.. and people
gather around thinking the basset is ill or she is meaning mean to her
furbaby..  she takes plenty of water and treats.. but he/she gets a drink or
takes a treat and right back down to flat basset.

what advice can I give her???  she can't lift and carry her basset home..

any help???