[Dailydrool] Bupdate on April and the HOP Miracle Buppies!

Melynda Majors mmajors at dcemail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:24:28 PDT 2008

Bupdate on April and the HOP Miracle Buppies:  I was lucky enough to be able to drive down to Gail's on Saturday with friends, including Marilyn of HOP and that Moderific Susan Randolph, among others, to meet the HOP Miracle Buppies, Rudy and Freddie!

OK, they are huge.  Look at Freddie's wide load! http://www.flickr.com/photos/hop-houseofpuddles/2639010729/

They are now 6 weeks old and closing in fast on 8 lbs each.  They are snuggly buppies.  Really, all they wanted to do was for us to hold them close to our faces so they could give us kisses (buppy breath!).  They know how to get in prime bellyrub position.  They had a wrestling match.  And when they got sleepy and sick and tired of their company, they put themselves in their crate with Momma April to go to bed.  So they are already crate-trained!!

Rudy and Freddie have been socialized with bassets of all ages, kids, adults, goats, and chickens!  They are going to make great furbabies for some lucky family/families.  Who could resist this face? http://www.flickr.com/photos/hop-houseofpuddles/2639016189/

Speaking of, Marilyn is now accepting adoption applications.  So if you are interested in adopting, email Marilyn at olddogs at houseofpuddles.org.  Preference will be given to potential adopters in the greater DC area:  DC, VA, MD, southern PA.  Clearly they boys are not 100% basset but they are both very bassety looking.  We are guessing they may top out at between 75-100 lbs when grown.  They have basset-shaped bodies with short legs and ginormous feet, although their ears are a bit short - possibly they will be beagle length or a bit longer when grown but that's still a guess.  (Daddy DNA results are pending.)

Lots of new buppypics!  http://www.flickr.com/photos/27121192@N04/

The backstory on April and the buppies: http://www.firstgiving.com/hop-houseofpuddles

-Melynda, the Momslave to
Becky & Lilly