[Dailydrool] Past dog food recalls

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 08:31:19 PDT 2008

I'm about to switch our Elsinore and young Charlie from Nature's
Select to a different brand of food. In the past three years,
Nature's Select has gone from $26 to $31 for a 25-pound bag, and I
think I can do better than that in terms of price per pound while
still giving them a premium food.

I've been looking at Canidae and will probably go with that, but I
was hoping that someone out there in Drool-Land could tell me if
Canidae was involved in the really big dog food recall that happened
about a year ago. I'd like to avoid those foods that were involved in
the recall because it seems to me that being involved in the recall
implies a food that relies on overseas ingredients with less
stringent quality control measures.

Elizabeth