[Dailydrool] Past dog food recalls

Dan Hickey dhickey at m-audio.com
Wed Jul 9 11:15:53 PDT 2008

Canidae was NOT involved in any recall. They are relatively small and
produce their own food. But it is not inexpensive. A 40 lb bag of all
life stages costs $38 in SoCal. I can get it for $32 at the dog shows.
They are changing their formulation and packaging. Using multiple
sources of carbohydrates and switching to 35 lb bags. The formulary
change is because of the world wide rice shortage (saving money and
arguably a more diverse carb mix) The smaller bags are likely to hide an
additional price increase, but I have not seen the new bags and prices
yet.

Dan Hickey