[Dailydrool] Dog ear infections

Noah Goslowah handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 09:32:06 PDT 2008

My beloved Scotty Gabriel (ATB) had a lot of ear infections.  Scotty ears are certainly better than basset ears when it comes to getting infections, but, like Jane, Gabe had many allergies that led to a susceptability to bacterial and yeast infections.  When the allergies were successfully treated with special food, allergy shots, special shampoo, etc., his ear infections and skin problems were 100% better.

We have a shar pei, Deohgee, who has tiny little shar pei ears on a huge head.  He just recently was treated for a bad ear infection.  Today we're going back for a re-check.

Our old foster, Bullet, has a degraded immune system.  Among her other problems, she has chronic ear problems.  With daily care, her ears are getting better.  She is going back today for a re-check as well.

Stella needs to go to the vet today to get her rabies shot.  So we'll have a 3 dog trip to the vet's, with only Roland being able to stay home and snooze.

With two old dogs in the house, I'm afraid our trips to the vet will not decline in frequency in the near future.

Roland: BWHAHAHAH, I get to stay home.