[Dailydrool] grass eating followed by puking

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 11:35:05 PDT 2008

So I understand this is common in dogs, eat grass then puke. My question is
why? And how often is normal? When should it cause concern? I just ask
because I feel like its become common between Cowboy & Rupert. At least one
of them does it at least once a week.

Some background although I dont know that it will help or has any
relation....As a young puppy Cowboy had numerous parasites and intestinal
related issues. Rupert we have no clue about but do understand he had
tapeworm in the past couple months.

They eat the Dick van Pattens Natural Balance, usually the duck or the fish
receipe to help with skin issues that Cowboy has always battled. They both
do fine on the food, solid stools the majority of the time. About 5 nights a
week they get a raw egg mixed in with their dinner. Cowboy has an upset
stomach pretty regularly, we've tried pepto and gas-x to minimal relief. I'm
curious about the people who said their dogs take pepcid AC on a daily basis
and wondering if this would help Cowboy.

I dont want to go to the vet and rack up a bill if not needed but if I have
reason to be concerned I definitely want to take care of it. James said this
morning Rupert had been eating grass and had puked 4x in about 20 minutes.
Otherwise a happy boy though, doesnt seem to be in distress....I try not to
over-react but also dont want to blow something off that should be
addressed.

Info? Advice?
Thanks, Kacy