[Dailydrool] Another OMBR 24 Rosie buppy update!

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:38:19 PDT 2008

==============
No pictures with this one..... but this is an update about Ariel.  She
and Lucy were the littlest puppies int he litter, at first.  Once they
hit about 5 weeks old, though, Ariel hit this great big growth spurt.
She turned into one of the sturdiest little buppies in the group;
built very four-square, like a tank is.  She also acted kinda like a
tank; if it was in front of her, she went over or through it, never
around it!  So her new pawrents tried to name her something pretty,
but "Tank" was the name that stuck! LOL.
===============================
Hi!

Tank is doing great!!  Up until the last month we have had no problems
what so ever with her.  Now, the last month has been a bit
harrowing....First, part of our fence fell victim to one of the many
spring storms in north Texas -- the bottom part was blown loose just
enough to allow two adventurous basset's to go explore the
neighborhood.  Per some boys playing on their bikes, we were able to
track them. (They really used that five minute head start to meet alot
of folks in the playground area)  A kindly neighbor (who owns a basset
mix of some form) took them home with her.  Her comment...you can tell
they have been trained, very good doggie manners.  And where are those
manners at home???  Then we noticed Tank peed on the carpet -- we have
not had an accident since January!!  Concerned about that and some
very frequent peeing, went to the vet -- did she pee at the vet?
Nope.  So after an ultrasound and needle in the bladder, diagnosed
with UTI and sent home with antibiotics.  Which was rather ironic as
my husband was being treated for the same.  And the topper of the
month...the bee sting!  Her face swelled to the point her eyes were
closed.  My husband gives her benedryl and rushes her to the emergency
vet.  Ever the basset, even with little eyesight, Tank has to sniff
outside the vets office before going in!!

Tank has retained her vocalizations for everything.  She grunts,
moans, barks, snorts and of course ahroos.  She becomes very vocal
when she wants a belly rub.  She knows no stranger and LOVES kids!
Tank has just in the past two weeks learned how to jump on the couch
but cannot get down, so she sits and squeeks until we lift her down --
which at 45 pounds can be a bit challenging.  She has definitly
developed the basset smooshy-ness!   She loves her food and has begun
counter surfing.  We have had to be a bit careful as she has become a
bit possessive of her food with Ella (other basset) so we have trained
her to sit and wait until we tell her it is okay to eat.  And boy
howdy you should see the drool pooling at her feet until we tell her
it is okay!!  Tank still is not a fan of the car, but no longer
throwing up.  She loves Ella and vice versa.  They are very attached
and do everything together -- from being mischevious and stealing my
dirty socks and running them into the yard, to barking at the neighbor
dog through the fence.  Tank is a very silly, loving puppy!!!  We love
her!!!

Kirsten, Eddie, Tank and Ella
--
Menzie Campbell